Smells Like Wet Dog

[10.02.01] » by Beowulf_VII

I can feel the breeze coming off the water already. It's chilly, and smells like death. Such a small lake, how does it put off such a breeze? It must be her. I know it is. It's her, doing this, making the breeze, as a message to me. It must be. The Moon looks nice rippling on the little waves like that...it reminds of the view from Cosmo Canyon. She was so happy there. I'll take her back home, and she'll be happy again. She'll smile. I love the way she smiles. Too bad it's not a Full Moon. That would be prettier for her see.

Ooh, the water's cold. But I can't let that stop me. She's waiting for me, at the bottom. Here I go. It feels, oh I'm not sure how to put it, it just feels beautiful. Beautiful, like how it must feel to swim in Lifestream.

What was he thinking, anyway? Dropping her down here like this...she must be cold. I hope my tail's good enough to warm her up until we can start a fire.

"You are a puppet." What!? Who said that? I know you; you said that to him. He's like me, but you only said it him. Why? Aren't I important enough? Why am I not a puppet, too? But, I don't want to be a puppet. I'm scared. I'm afraid of being a puppet like him. I want Grandfather. Where are you? Where are you, Grandfather? Oh well, we'll find him. After I warm her up, we'll go find Grandfather, and he'll make us both feel better.

"You are a puppet." NO! I'm not a puppet! He's the puppet, not me. He's the puppet. I'm not a puppet. I don't know why, but I'm not a puppet.

Where is she? I can't find her. She sunk too low; why didn't she swim up? It's getting dark. I can't see well enough to find her anymore. Why doesn't she swim? Why doesn't she swim to meet me, and then I can warm her up, and we'll go find Grandfather and feel better. Why doesn't she swim?

"Because she is dead." Mother? Is that you, Mother? Who's dead? What are you talking about?"

"You are a puppet. Now drown." What!? Drown? But...oh no! I really am drowning! What am I doing down here, I can't remember. I have to get to the surface. Which way is up? Oh, that way, I see now. Oh, it hurts. I can't breathe and my chest hurts. I have to get up. I'm tired. I hope I can make it up. I don't think I can make it. I'm so tired. I can't take it, I can't move anymore. I need air.

What's this? Light? Oh, it's Materia...and it's falling...towards me. Who dropped it? What is it? Oh, I see. I know what this is. We got it from one of those skeletons with the boat-body. I think I can use this...

 
Others by this author
Others about this game