Remember

[08.21.01] » by White Crescent

A tall young woman dressed in an instructor's uniform led a young boy into a room filled with different weapons. The boy had auburn hair and was wearing a student's uniform.

"Squall, which weapon do you think would you like to specialize in?" the young woman asked while showing him some weapons which hung on the wall. The young boy stared at the weapons with no interest at all; with a blank expression. There were huge shurikens, shotguns, pistols, spikes and other more. He made no response.

"Squall…" the young woman looked at her student who showed no expression at all. The other students which she took to the room several days ago were all squealing and eyeing with delight and amazement, but Squall made no expression at all. Squall wasn't able to join the other students before because of a very high fever. The high fever was the cause of young Seifer Almasy; another student of hers, whom challenged to fight with him in the Training Center a week ago in a stormy day. She sighed and shook her head.

"Squall, you know, Seifer chose the gunblade…" she announced, hoping that it would catch the young boy's attention. It did. Squall looked at her blankly.

"He did?" Squall asked. The young woman smiled faintly and nodded. Smiling at Squall was hard, he was cold; this made the young woman feel uneasy. Squall's blue-gray eyes returned to the weapons, then back at her.

" Which one's a gunblade?" he asked coldly.

The young woman pointed towards a weapon, which lay on the top of a shelf, it stood against the wall. It looked like a gun that had a big blade stuck to it; nevertheless it's description it looked elegant. Squall looked at it, stared at it as if it wasn't there. It was then that the words came.

"Instructor Megan" he said in a low voice.

"Yes?" the young woman looked at her student.

"I want the gunblade…"

***

Alicia Megan watched her students practice with pride. They were wonderful, swinging their weapons, punching and kicking; they were the best for her. Her gaze suddenly shifted to a student of hers, practicing alone, away from all the other students; Squall.

Although she didn't want to admit it, Squall was her favorite student. He had chosen his weapon several months ago, and ever since he started swinging that gunblade, he caught her attention. He was very hardworking. She walked towards him.

"Squall…why aren't you practicing with your classmates?" she asked as she walked towards him. He swung his gunblade, took a step forward then backward. He didn't stop.

"Squall?" she asked again.

"I don't need them. I can practice by my own." He said.

"Why?"

"I have to be strong for Sis.!"

"Sis.?" She thought. She had heard him say that before, it was somehow common. She then remembered the time Seifer made his nose bleed because he took no notice of him at all. Squall had resisted crying even though his nose was painful, muttering the same words he'd said.

" I have to be strong for Sis."

She smiled.

"You don't want to practice with your classmates…. Then how's about trying me?" Squall paused and looked at her with a puzzled look.

He hesitated for a while, then nodded…reluctantly.

"Okay…." He said.

"I'll go get my long spear." Alicia smiled and ran to take her long spear.

***

"Squall, you're doing great!" Instructor Megan complemented as she dodged her young student's attack. Squall Leonhart gave no response instead continued on attacking his instructor.

"Squall, don't think about how heavy your gunblade is or how you started out wrong for your attack! Just focus on your attack! If you started out wrong, think quickly and continue on!"

Squall made another strike, this time Alicia barely escaped it. She had quickly sidestepped it and watched as Squall stumbled to the ground; he had been outbalanced.

"Don't do attacks like Seifer does, Squall." She said as she helped Squall up. Squall again made no response, instead he just looked straight into his instructor's emerald eyes.

"Seifer only cares for how he attacks, not at how much damage he would inflict, or how effective his moves will be." Alicia continued. Squall frowned.

"I don't care about Seifer! And you are nothing to tell me these things!" Squall snapped as he quickly stepped back. Alicia folded her arms and raised an eyebrow. Was it worth it? Was it worth for her to actually spend time with a cold-hearted student who was actually more unnerving than Seifer? She searched her mind for an answer, and it was a yes. Somewhere in her mind, something told her that Squall needed help. Faintly, her mind even told her that Squall was……special.

"How did you actually become my favorite student?" she asked herself, "You? When you don't even care for others…."

"Nothing?" she said in an angry voice; not like the sweet and patient instructor the Garden knew. She thanked her luck that all her other students had gone for a break.

"Nothing?! I'm your Instructor! Be thankful that I actually care for you!"

Squall was rather taken back by his instructor's voice. Ever since he came to Balamb Garden nobody noticed him, save for Seifer who teased him whenever he could.

He looked sideways; he didn't want to see his instructor's face.

"Squall Leonhart, you know what I think? Look at me!" Squall slowly turned his face to look at Alicia Megan's eyes.

"What?" he asked in a cold voice.

" I think that you're even worse than Seifer! Seifer tends to be naughty but at least talking to him or rather shouting at him isn't like talking to a wall as with you!"

Squall flinched, Alicia noticed this, and she finally calmed down.

"Squall, I'm sorry….I didn't mean to…"

Squall looked away. "No…Thank you Instructor. You…. You're the first one to ever shout at me. At least somebody finally noticed me….."

"Huh?"

"Thank you Instructor Megan for practicing with me." He then started leaving.