Love Letter From Afar

[06.26.01] » by The Natural

Can I help Her?

Far off, on the majestic airship, the Prima Vista, a young man sits on the large wooden deck and stairs out to the stars. Their distant glow hypnotizes him causing him to stare uncontrollably. He just sits and stares out at the horizon as the breeze blows his golden hair in the wind. There is a sullen look on his face. What is he thinking about? Isn’t it obvious? He is staring far off into the distance looking for his one and only true love….

She is out there somewhere. My beautiful princess, how I miss you. I sit here on this deck sometimes at night and wonder if you are staring back looking for me. I worry that you are still locked away in that room of yours, held captive by your mother. I wish I were there by your side. I sometimes wish that we were together on this ship and that you’d leave your world behind. I know it would be a great sacrifice to you, leaving you home and your future behind, but sometimes when I think and hope, I don’t care, as long as you’re here with me.

I just know despite it all you’d be happier living my lifestyle with me and that that would far out weigh your concerns and your responsibilities. Do you ever think the same thing? I wonder and dream that you do. Sometimes it seems that the distance is too great that we might not make it. I can only imagine the pain you must feel there. Always having to be perfect must cause you great stress. With me, Princess, you wouldn’t have to be anything but yourself, honestly and truly. I love you for the person you are not the princess you have to be. I just want to know can I help you?

The stars look so beautiful at night. Wouldn’t it be nice if we could sit here and stare at them together? Would you want that? I would love to come sailing in on my bright shining ship and wisk you away to a land of eternal happiness and never ever let you leave. I’d save you from your prison from your mother who bares you such unfounded animosity that defies all logic. What have you done to deserve it, this harsh life? I know not, but I’d steal you away the first chance I got, if you’d let me. I long to see you smile again. For that one glimmering moment where your perfect lips arch into the brightest, most vibrant smile the world has ever know. To see it again would be bliss, if I knew such a thing. Whatever it is, I hope to share it with you. Believe me when I say that the first chance we get, I will. I’ll sneak you out of your purgatory and into my heaven. Then my princess, we can sit on this deck and watch the stars together and not have to wonder what the other is thinking.

……As the ship glides away into the night the young man still sits. Dreamy-eyed he stares at the stars. The sullen look turns to an inquisitive look as the ship pulls closer to it’s destination. The young man squints at a nearby window as he thought he saw a young woman in a white dress staring at the stars….perhaps it was just a dream, let it be….

Notes: If this seemed a trifle sappy for you. You’ll get over it. This is a short story I wrote when my girlfriend was going through some tough times. It helped her out, I hope you’ll enjoy it as she did.

-The Natural



 
Others by this author
Others about this game