Here Comes The Rain Again

[06.02.01] » by WindWolf

"Here comes the rain again" property of the Eurythmics. All characters property of Squaresoft. No infringement intended.


--Here comes the rain again
Falling on my head like a memory
Falling on my head like a new emotion--

Rain is a funny thing. It causes floods, and is present in all violent storm systems, such as tropical storms, and hurricanes. It’s loud, rolling thunder deafens us. It’s lightning kills people and sets fire to trees. Ironic, isn’t it? Water is usually thought to put out flames, yet the rain’s accompanying lightning starts the very fires rain must quench.

Still, we see water as the giver of life. Our bodies are mostly made up of water, and without it, we would die. Water refreshes us when we are hot, and gives us strength when we are thirsty. It helps plants grow, and land to flourish. It purifies the food we eat. It is a habitat for many animals. Some people even say that mankind began in the sea and later ventured out onto land.

The sound of the ocean waves gently lapping onto the shore has always managed to soothe me. I almost feel as if a part of me is there, in those waves, and that if only I could go deeper into them I could find the answers to all my questions.


--I want to walk in the open wind
I want to talk like lovers do
Want to dive into your ocean
Is it raining with you?--

Talk to me. I want to hear your voice. I want to delve deep into your soul, even if it’s only for a minute. I want to see all the pain and all the hurt you keep locked away from the world, from me. Give me the key to your past, let me be near you. I sometimes feel as if I am on the verge of seeing you, then the wind carries it all away, and you’re a stranger again. I don’t care if your past causes you to be troubled by violent thunder storms. Sooner or later they will subside, and you will be able to move on. There may be a calm before the storm, but peace and life come after it.


--So baby, talk to me like lovers do
Walk with me like lovers do
Talk to me like lovers do--

We never speak. Except for the meaningless, inane chitchat required to make it look like we’re friends. Are we friends? Are we more? Less? Why won’t you let me see you? I never see you. I feel as if I never will. You have a shield around you that no one can get through. Except for maybe one person, and she’s dead.


--Here comes the rain again
Raining in my head like a tragedy
Tearing me apart like a new emotion--

Why do you do this to me? Your heart has been given to her, but mine belongs to you. I sometimes feel as if, maybe, you have let her go . That you’re ready to move on, to be with me. But then I see you sitting alone, staring at the only picture of her you’ve kept. Once, I snuck into your room, wanting to destroy that picture, to rip it apart. I almost did too. But then I looked at it, at how happy the two of you looked. I couldn’t rip the picture to shreds, that would be destroying the only time I’ve seen you truly happy. I don’t want to hurt you, but you hurt me every time you think about her, when your mind drifts to the happy memories you two shared. Don’t do this to me. I need you. I want to make you happy, like she could. Give me a chance, let me love you. I’ve never loved anyone before, I almost wish I didn’t love you now. This cruel, unfair love triangle is tearing me apart, I’m not as strong as people think. I can’t take this much longer. There is no way I can compete with somebody as beautiful and immortalized as her, especially while there’s still a chance you can bring her back. I hope you two are happy together.


--Here it comes again
Here it comes again--

I suppose I should just give up on you, acknowledge defeat. This is a battle I can’t win. I wasn’t trained to fight this type of war, a war for someone else’s heart. I should just leave you and your guilt-ridden love alone. Ignore any feelings I may have for you, but I can’t do that, there’s always hope. Sooner or later, even this storm that’s brewing outside will come to an end. Everything will smell fresh , and new. Animals will come out of their nests, and the world will once again be alive. Everybody needs a little rain, sometimes more comes down than we’re ready for, but that’s okay. The worst storms give the most beautiful rainbows. When your storm is over, come and talk to me.


Yay! My first attempt at a songfic! I don't know, this idea first came to me when I was sick. I was drying the dishes and my mom was talking about rain because my sister had to go to soccer practice. For some reason the song just popped into my head, and Celes was the first thing I thought of. Please let me know what you think! I wrote this with a very stuffed nose (Ugh. The day before my birthday) so I don't know how good it is.

 
Others by this author
Others about this game