Battle With Trance Kuja

[01.15.01] » by Carl

"Kuja! You’re dead!"

"Oh, dear…was it something I said?"

I leaped high into the air, bringing my sword above my head. The energy came into my sword as I looked into my brother’s…Kuja’s eyes… He was already prepared for the attack, and I spun around holding my sword, unleashing the energy at him. I couldn’t believe it! He just raised his hand and sucked it right into himself! How were we to ever defeat him?!

"Zidane…how could you have ever gotten so powerful? Hahaha!"

I growled at his remark and raised my sword again. He had gone too far! He killed our father! Destroyed our home world! Now is trying to destroy us all! I would not allow it! I tried to thrust my sword into his abdomen, but he smacked the sword out of the way and sent his foot into my chest, sending me to the ground.

"Zidane…don’t you ever give up? What hope could there possibly be? You are like me! The same! You are a genome!"

"I accept that! I don’t feel sorry for myself and try to take it out on others!"

"I pity you…brother…"

I growled as I listened to him ramble.

"You know nothing of what we are…do you? We are…puppets!"

His eyes flashed and he brought his hands together as a blue mist circled around him. He then brought his hand up, palm facing me, and the mist formed a beach ball sized orb in front of his hand. He fired it at me! It was quick, and I couldn’t jump out of the way! I went flying back and went through a wall! I looked around and noticed I was wedged halfway into the wall and tried to get out.

"There is no hope Zidane… How could you be defeated by a puppet?"

I ignored him and forced my way out, jumping over the gap and back onto the platform I was standing on to face him.

A roar was heard overhead, and I looked up to see Bahamut, King of Dragons. It was an Eidolon, which are guardians of our world. I smiled and looked at Kuja, and told him…

"Looks like your time is up…"

Bahamut flew in the air and charged his power and shot a large flame from its massive jaws that flew down at Kuja. Kuja was hit and he went flying far back into a wall of his own.

Kuja spoke, rather surprised, "It looks like the King has become somewhat…more powerful since it last tried to kill me… Hahaha!"

Garnet came running up from behind. I gave her a smile and saw the others come running up. Eiko, Steiner, Amarant, everyone! I smile grew and I turned to Kuja and grinned.

"Oh…? What is this? Do we need back up? Hahaha!"

"Kuja…! This is it! It’s over!" I raged at him and brought my sword to the air, and our friend Vivi, a Black Mage, began to cast an enchantment on Steiner’s sword. Steiner’s sword emitted heavy flames and he ran up to Kuja, swinging the sword across Kuja’s chest!

"Gah! Is that it?! Is that all you can do?! Ha! Hahaha!"

I lowered my sword and watched, knowing Kuja was about to do something. I was right!!!

Kuja raised his arms up into the air and shut his eyes. The tremendous orb of energy, the size of a house, appeared above us as a line stretched out into a smaller orb above Kuja’s hands. The huge orb shot paralyzing beams down on us, and we were completely stunned. I could not believe it! How could he stand a chance against all of us!? A circular dish spun around the large orb, kind of like the ring around Saturn, and the orb moved down toward us. We tried to yell, scream, resist, anything! It was hopeless; it was like a thousand needles held our muscles in place. My throat felt like it was a rock. I couldn’t do anything! I was frightened! I never imagined my brother held this kind of power! The orb came down on us, and exploded with energy, not flames. It was immense, and I thought I was dreaming! It was just too unbelievable! The only thing I heard my brother yell out, was the name of the spell.

"Ultima!"

I was shrouded in darkness, and then I was able to see again. The darkness didn’t last very long, and after the paralyze effect went away, I-What the?! I fell to my knees. I was so weak…the spell was so powerful and a tremendous amount of pain came over me. I reached into my pockets…to try and pull out the potion I carried with me. I only had one, and I knew I would need it when I was to face Kuja. I’m not that stupid! I managed to take it out…and tried to twist off the top…it was helpless. Then I had an idea…sure I would waste a bit of it, but I would get enough. I slammed the tip onto the ground; I was weak and had to do it a few times. After many slams, it broke open and I ignored the pain I had, knowing it would be gone soon, and chugged down the Elixir.

I looked around, seeing the others were barely moving, and looked up at Kuja, who was smirking at me.

"Indeed you are powerful…I admire you, Brother… But what about your friends? They are helpless…swarming…insects… What could you possibly do? I am too…"

"Shut up! I will defeat you myself!"

"Then let’s see! Show me your true power! I doubt you can overcome mine! But I would love to see you try!"

The anger grew immensely inside of me, and I then went into ‘Trance’ mode. I was extremely mad at this man…this man, who was my brother.

I picked up my sword, immediately jumping out of the way of Kuja’s right swing at my gut. I rolled to the side and jumped back up onto my feet, and charged toward him.

"For Alexandria and the people!"

I jumped high up into the air and slammed my sword straight down into his neck! The blood came out with my sword, and I lifted it up again, and brought it down…he grabbed my sword! Was he crazy?! He grabbed the blade of my sword! Why didn’t it cut through his hand?! He lifted me up with the sword and tossed me back into the ground.

"Poor Zidane…do you truly think a minor scratch in my neck is anything? How pathetic and weak you are…"

"Look at your neck! You tell me it is nothing?! You are gushing out blood!"

Kuja put his hand up to the wound and looked at his hand. It was pure red from the blood and dripping quickly.

"So it is… Hahaha! Does it mean anything to me? No it does not. You will soon die yourself."

I leaped back up, and twirled around with my sword, the magic of the sword kept me in the air and I did a helicopter spin directly into his chest. The blade came around multiple times, cutting in a little deeper with each slice.

"Argh! This is not possible!"

I landed safely down on the ground, looking up at him.

"How can this be?! You little pest Zidane! Fine! Have it your way! If I shall die! We all shall die!"

He turned around to face the ‘Crystal’ behind him.

"If there is no life, there can be no death!"

He had gone crazy! What was he thinking?!

"Kuja! No!"

He didn’t listen! He blasted the ‘Crystal’ with one spell, ‘Ultima’, and it shattered to pieces!

That was when Necron…appeared before us…



 
Others by this author
Others about this game