Unity

[11.30.00] » by Kirkis

Night had fallen on Figaro, but the moonlight reflecting off the white sand gave the entire castle a shimmering glow. The air surrounding the castle was cold, not uncommon for the sandy dunes surrounding Figaro. The castle was heated, but like any castle, it was full of cracks for the cold to find. On this night, Locke had requested the special guest suite in the east tower of Figaro castle. He wanted the entire night to be perfect. The returners had laid plans to make their assault on the floating continent in two days, and Locke wanted to make the most of his time with Celes. Their night had begun with a candlelight dinner for two on the observation tower. The sky was gorgeous, full moon, and every star shining brightly as if just for her. They'd taken a walk about the castle, Edgar had given them the free run of the top floors of the castle. Locke had been eager to be with Celes for some time, but she was not the type to just jump in bed with anyone, and he knew it. He had to plan his moment very carefully. This was probably the best time for it, he'd only one day earlier, on his knees, made his apology. Now he was nervous about her reaction to his request for her intimate company. They walked through the Library, now totally devoid of people at this late hour, Celes was walking ahead of him. She'd never gotten a full tour of the castle. Edgar had promised to give her one, but she secretly preferred that it was Locke giving her the tour. She found her way to the huge window in the rear of the library, and gazed out over the glimmering sand.

"How can sand be so beautiful?" She asked, staring almost vacantly out the window.

"The friction of sand rubbing together makes tiny glass particles." Locke answered.

"I never realized you were that learned." She said, turning to him. He blushed slightly, scratching the back of his head.

"Edgar's told me so many times, I guess it just finally sunk in." He replied. Celes smiled at him, and took hold of his hand.

"C'mere." She said, quickly pulling him away from the window. She backed down a narrow isle of bookcases, pulling Locke behind her. Her back eventually bumped into the back wall. She pulled Locke closer to her, and wrapped her arms around his neck. The two moved closer together finally letting their lips touch, a second later, this lip contact had become a full-blown kiss. The moment could have been accented with fireworks or other explosive things, but instead, it was totally quiet in the dim library. Celes' lips were very soft for a Imperial General. Locke's mind was going full speed, he'd not been this close to anyone since her…Rachel. She'd always worn the greatest perfume, anything that smelled sweet, Rachel would wear. Blueberry mist, Peaches and Cream, white Plum. Locke could recognize them all. Celes wasn't wearing any perfume, but all the same, Locke was entranced by her smell, the smell of her skin, her hair, her soft silk clothes. Celes smelled better than any perfume. The kiss continued. Celes had kissed men before, but most of it was only empty passion. This was different, Locke was the first person she'd really cared about. She ran her fingers gently through his hair, she loved that about him, he had sexy hair. She knew how to kiss, using her tongue only as a flirt, not like some other girls had, washing it around their boyfriends' mouths. Locke wasn't a bad kisser either, he knew how to react to her flirtatious tongue. She was totally caught up in the kiss. It still continued, she wouldn't let it end yet. Locke could feel her soft exhales blow across her cheek, it raised every hair on his body. Rachel had never liked long kisses, she had to come up for air after a about a minute. This kiss had to be lasting longer than a minute. But it didn't matter, this kiss could go on forever. He would do his best to make it so. For the first time in a kiss, Celes opened her eyes in two thin slits. Locke's eyes were closed, She thought to herself how gorgeous he is, his blonde hair ran so easily through her fingers. She was so excited, she had to stay in this moment for the rest of her life, never yielding to the end of this kiss. It couldn't end, It would never end, it would be unfair, like waking up from a dream to find out you're still in reality. She didn't want to come back to reality. Finally, after almost five minutes, Locke pulled back. His lips parting from hers, leaving her lips cold and alone. She fought to keep the kiss, but he pulled away too far. She looked up to him, her eyes begging for the answer. Why had he ended it? Why did he stop the kiss?

"Celes, I have to ask you now…Because I'm not sure if…" He said, starting and stopping. "When all this is over… why don't…" He paused. "would you like…to…" He started again, then quickly reworded his statement again. "I'm asking, when we're finished with Gestahl and the empire…would you like to… be my wife?" he finally asked. Her eyes glowed warmly at the sound. She drew herself near him again, but this time not to kiss, but to rest her head on his shoulder. She'd found Rachel's spot, Rachel's affections weren't as strong. Celes' long blonde hair draped down from her head. He gently lifted it. Corn silk, it felt like corn silk. Rachel's hair was always neatly fixed up with hair gel. It wasn't soft and smooth like Celes' Locke really didn't care if she never answered, as long as she didn't say no, he couldn't take another rejection.

"I'd like that…" She said, softly. She would never have to be alone again, never have to endure the cold pain of isolation. This moment was better than the kiss… her frozen heart was slowly melting in Locke's warm arms. His heart had been ripped open when Rachel died. Feeling Celes' warm body close to his, it felt like he'd regained his sense of touch for the first time in years. The two stood in the dim library holding each other. The night air about the castle may have been cold, but there would never be another cold night for Locke and Celes.

 
Others by this author
Others about this game